Monster Energy Drink
MANIC. 1. ADJECTIVE. If you describe someone as manic, you mean that they do things extremely quickly or energetically, often because they are very excited or anxious about something. example: “He was really manic.” synonyms: frenzied, intense, hectic, hyper [informal]. ADVERB. example: “We cleaned the house manically over the weekend.” 2. ADJECTIVE. If you describe someone’s smile, laughter, or sense of humor as manic, you mean that it seems excessive or strange, as if they were insane. example: “…a manic grin.” source: Collins Dictionary.
"What's the point? You gotta hydrate every day so you might as well enjoy a boost while you're at it. Monster Hydro - Non carbonated, lightly sweetened and with natural flavors, to make it thirst quenching and easy drinking. We added just enough of that Monster Magic to get you fired up." source: HEB Website
MANIC EPISODE. A. A distinct period of abnormally and persistently elevated, expansive, or irritable mood and abnormally and persistently goal-directed behavior or energy, lasting at least 1 week and present most of the day, nearly every day (or any duration if hospitalization is necessary). B. During the period of mood disturbance and increased energy or activity, three (or more) of the following symptoms have persisted (four if the mood is only irritable) are present to a significant degree and represent a noticeable change from usual behavior:
1. Inflated self-esteem or grandiosity
2. Decreased need for sleep (e.g., feels rested after only 3 hours of sleep)
3. More talkative than usual or pressure to keep talking
4. Flight of ideas or subjective experience that thoughts are racing
5. Distractibility (i.e., attention too easily drawn to unimportant or irrelevant external stimuli), as reported or observed.
6. Increase in goal-directed activity (either socially, at work or school, or sexually) or psychomotor agitation
7. Excessive involvement in activities that have a high potential for painful consequences (e.g., engaging in unrestrained buying sprees, sexual indiscretions, or foolish business investments).
C. The mood disturbance is sufficiently severe to cause marked impairment in social or occupational functioning or to necessitate hospitalization to prevent harm to self or others, or there are psychotic features. (source: American Psychiatric Association, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th ed.)
The only existing record of
content warning: sudden loud and harsh noises, descriptions of sexual assault, and threats of violence.
To access the performance with captions enabled, click on Rob’s face in the video linked above.
To access the performance with audio description, click on Rob’s face on the video linked below.
For more on the SCP Foundation, visit: http://www.scpwiki.com/
MANIC.1. Someone who is manic depressive. example: “I’m feelin’ so manic today.” 2. Something that is insanely cool. example: “That concert was very manic.” 3. A member of the band Manic Street Preachers. source: Urban Dictionary.