Below, you will find a list of my most recent publications and presentations. I also post links to access copies for a short time following presentations. For a full list, or if you’d like to request an access copy that is no longer available via this page, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Patient Acts: Performance, Disability, and the Making of Mad Memory, a dissertation investigating memorial performances created by survivors, artists, and clinicians at Oregon State Hospital (1883-present), one of the oldest continuously-operating psychiatric institutions in the United States. Forthcoming, May 2022.
This project is produced through generous support from the American Theatre and Drama Society (ATDS) and a year-long fellowship from The Charlotte W. Newcombe Foundation and The Institute for Citizens and Scholars (formerly The Woodrow Wilson Foundation).
- Performing the Mad Past: Criticism as Historiography in Steppenwolf Theatre Company’s One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, a book chapter exploring the critical reception Steppenwolf Theatre’s 2000 touring production of One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest as a form of historiography. Forthcoming, 2022.
- “Contesting the Clinic: Shifting Performatives on the Bipolar Spectrum,” International Review of Qualitative Research 12.2 (2019): 132-46. Print.
- “Notes from the Field: Loving Cohorts: Tending to the Graduate Student Body,” co-authored with Michael J. Love, siri gurudev, Kristin Perkins, and Mason Rosenthal. Theatre Topics 29.2 (2019): 169-176. Print.
- “Critical Care: Performance Criticism as Care in Steppenwolf Theatre Company’s One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest,” Association for Theatre in Higher Education. Virtual. August 2021.
- “Sites of Mad Memory: Oregon State Hospital’s Mental Health Memorial,” American Society for Theatre Research. Arlington, VA. November 2019.