Improvisational + Applied Theatre
I direct and offer workshops in improvisational theatre and applied theatre for artists, students, community groups, and professional organizations. My approach applies culturally-sensitive, trauma-informed, and accessible pedagogy techniques to non-scripted performance exercises, creating inclusive spaces for playful exploration and joyful collaboration.
The improv workshops I teach are customized based on the needs of each group. Topics include:
- Standard Long Forms (Harold, Montage, Armando Diaz, La Ronde)
- Standard Short Forms (competitive theatre games)
- Long Form Techniques, Beginner and Intermediate
- Short Form Techniques, Beginner and Intermediate
- Musical Improvisation Forms and Techniques
- New Form Development
- Space, Place, and Environment
- Pattern Recognition
- Period, Genre, and Style
- Meter and Verse
I also provide diagnostics, side coaching, and competition prep.
As an applied theatre practitioner, I draw from theatre of the oppressed and playback theatre traditions to create thematic workshops and performances for pre-kindergarten, elementary, and university students.